Junior Data Scientist
What is Unbabel?
Unbabel is accelerating the shift towards a world without language barriers by enabling trustworthy, seamless and scalable translations between companies and their customers.
International businesses trust Unbabel’s enterprise platform to open up and grow new markets by harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence and a global community of mobile linguists.
Backed by Notion Capital, Google Ventures, Caixa Capital and Y Combinator, Unbabel is helping customers like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour, Trello and Oculus VR to understand and be understood.
We want to generate richer business insights with the amount of data we generate daily and we're building the team to do it.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Develop, implement and maintain databases, data collection systems and data analytics tools
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with the teams to create information that supports the existing processes and decision taking
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of SQL and Python;
- (Optional) Knowledge of MongoDB
- Good math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading B2B SaaS startups
- Health insurance
- Surf Lessons
- High end laptop, screen, etc.
- Awesome atmosphere with company lunches and social events
- The opportunity to change the world.