Linguistic Evaluator (Freelance)
What is Unbabel?
Unbabel is accelerating the shift towards a world without language barriers by enabling trustworthy, seamless and scalable translations between companies and their customers.
International businesses trust Unbabel’s enterprise platform to open up and grow new markets by harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence and a global community of mobile linguists.
Backed by Notion Capital, Google Ventures, Caixa Capital and Y Combinator, Unbabel is helping customers like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour, Trello and Oculus VR to understand and be understood.
Who is an Evaluator?
An Evaluator at Unbabel is a seasoned Linguist or experienced translator that evaluates Unbabel's Editors, by assessing and evaluating the quality of post-edited translations. The core mission of the evaluator is to score the translation accordingly to guidelines provided by Unbabel and give constructive feedback to the editors.
According to the scores obtained, the editor is either accepted or not in the Community, so the Evaluator is a key-person in our structure to assess the quality of an editor.
What will you do?
- Evaluate the quality of an editor by evaluating the post-edited translations produced.
What do we need?
- At least 3 years of experience in Translation or Linguistics
- Experience in MT post-editing
- Flexibility to adapt translation/linguistic jargon to a non-professional public
- Either bilingual or native speaker in the target language and excellent proficiency in the source language
- Detail oriented, highly organized and diligent
- Experience in quality assurance processes (is a plus)
What do we offer?
- Freelance online remote job (working on our platform)
- Flexible schedule (ideally 6 hours per week, depending on language pair and demand)
- Payment by the hour at a competitive rate (in USD)
- Weekly cash-outs via PayPal